Monday, August 25, 2014

This Week Absolutely FLEW By!

Hey, how are you all? How has the first day of school been? Hayden what do you think of T-Ville High? Man, it feels just like yesterday I was there! I LOVE the pictures of Keaton and Dad playing football and I’m happy to hear they picked up the win! It’s also great to hear that Turkey is aggresive, competitive, and loves playing the line. I remember being super timid my first year playing football-I can’t wait to watch him next year!

That’s awesome that KC got home safely as well to surprise his boys. I’m sure that brought back al ot of memories for Dad seeing him come home and hug his kids :)

This week absolutely FLEW by. Not to mention this transfer. We have changes next Monday so if you don’t hear from me that’s why.

The weather has really calmed down here in TJ. It feels a lot like fall in the afternoon now. It hasn’t really rained, but there was this rainbow this past week that always reminds us of Granny J :) We found quite a few new people to teach this week and things are looking good. We should have another baptism this week but that’s all I’ll say so I don’t jinx it :)
Dad you asked about the eggs - for my first two transfers I ate eggs every morning for breakfast and got sick of them real fast so I haven’t eaten them since. My normal breakfast consists of granola and yogurt now - just look at how healthy I am ;) Mom sorry you got your ticket...don’t be such a speed demon ;)

So I dunno if you wanna put this part up on the blog this week cuz its a little crazy ha. BUT DON'T WORRY I’M FINE :) We have been teaching a pretty big family for about three weeks now. The Macias Family. The dad is a spiritualist-whatever that is- and the mom is Catholic just like everyone else here but doesn’t know why. It’s been really interesting teaching them because Julio, the dad. accepts our teaching and says its true, but also says his congregation has the truth as well. We somehow got on the topic of the Priesthood and how we can give blessings to sick to help them out. He mentioned that he wanted to present us to his daughter because she has been REAL sick lately and the doctors don’t know what to do. So we jumped on the opportunity to teach her and help her out. So when we got to the appt on Wednesday there was his daughter. But she WOULD NOT say hi to us, or even look at us. From the second I saw her, I knew something was up. She had a bad spirit following her and all that jazz. Elder Huie had no idea what was going on just cuz he had never seen anything like this is his mission so far. I left the room to call the ZL's for permission to give this girl a blessing and while I was outside, Elder Huie began teaching this lady. And she gave him a death look and straight up told him to shut up ha. Elder Huie just about pooped his pants because he finally realized what was happening. So we sang the Spanish equivalent of Jesus Is My Light and said a prayer to invite the Spirit. When the Spirit is present, we can do anything. So she accepted the blessing somehow. Elder Huie anointed her and I sealed the anointing. I literally had to rebuke the bad spirit or whatever this lady had. And the second we said amen, she was fine. She just said she had a headache. She was smiling and talking to us and I felt like I was talking to a whole different person. The Spirit was SO strong. It was the fastest I had ever seen anyone change after having given a Priesthood blessing. I had a similar experience last January that I never wrote about, but I’ll tell you all someday when I get home. We left the appt and the family called us about 30 minutes later telling us to go back because he son was acting crazy and unusual as well. So we did the same thing. Sing a hymn. Say a prayer. And give him the blessing. And AGAIN as soon as we said Amen, the kid was fine. He was playing like a normal kid and hugging his mom and he started eating too. It was the coolest thing of my life! So in case you were wondering, yes bad spirits exist and can take control of people more or less. But the Priesthood exists too and has all power over what comes from Satan. Great lesson learned this week!

But thats not it. On Saturday afternoon we went to visit an "eternal investigator" as we call it. Someone who knows that the Church is true but just wont be baptized. The bishop's wife came with us. We were reading in Mosiah 2. This lady gets super nervous and when she gets nervous and mad and what not she flips out ha. So we were reading and all the sudden her daughter comes running in the house bawling her eyes out saying the neighbor girl had hit her. So this lady got super mad and super anxious and started crying. When all the sudden she just passed out. Ha i couldn’t believe my eyes. It’s a good thing the bishop's wife was there because she knew just what to do. I would have had no idea what to do if I would have been there alone with her. So we got her calmed down and the doctor finally got there to check her out and then we gave her a blessing that she would be okay. We left around 2:30 in the afternoon after her family got there to take care of her and went back on the way home that night to see if she was good. And she was perfectly fine almost like nothing had happened. I dunno there were just wayy cool experiences this week that has really strengthened my testimony of the Priesthood and I feel that have really prepared me for my life after being a missionary. 

We went to the offices today and I ran into Elder Peisley! He is doing well and has been for the last little bit as his companion had to have surgery. Other than that everything is well. 

I love and miss you all! See you soon! 

Elder Roper :)

No comments: