Alright, when was the last time y’all went to the temple? I hadn’t
been in 18 months and man it sure was worth it going! The new video is super
sweet too. Please go this week before school starts and you still have a lil
bit of time :) You won't regret it.
So you are all probably asking yourself how did we get there and back and what not? Remember my convert Juan from Las Villas? He has been dying to take me across since last January and Pres. Garcia gave us permission to go last Monday, so I called him up and asked him to take us and he said yes. So we went to meet up with him Saturday morning. We got to the line at about 11 and we had to cross walking while Juan went through in his Jeep. We ended up having to wait about an hour and a half, but man it was sure worth the wait! Just crossing it smelled good, there is green grass, white people, and 7/11's with SLURRPEES!! :) And big gulps and everything in English. Coolest day of my life! We bought Slurpees and we headed for the temple. Juan showed us the sights and I seriously felt like I was in the Celestial Kingdom it was so clean, and green, and just great. We got to the temple around 3. It was awesome to be there and talk to Americans and feel the Spirit of the temple! I really enjoyed the session and learned so much . . . there was a lot I had forgotten. We didn’t want to leave, but it was about six in the afternoon and we didn’t have a ride back to the line . . . hahahha the sisters at the temple were about ready to kill us :) The good news is that there were two missionaries that went last week and told us how to get back to the train station and all the transfers and what not. So we rode a bus to the end of the route and then we took two trains to the line. Dad we passed right through Old Town and down town. I couldn’t help but think if you had been on the same trolley? It was amazing being in the United States again. Not gonna lie though, it was a bit hard for me. We ate Subway in a super rich shopping mall and with being used to being here in TJ - I did not feel good enough to be there. There were so many nice cars, and rich people and it was so weird to see all that again. Hence the picture of my funny face. Exactly how I felt ha.
So you are all probably asking yourself how did we get there and back and what not? Remember my convert Juan from Las Villas? He has been dying to take me across since last January and Pres. Garcia gave us permission to go last Monday, so I called him up and asked him to take us and he said yes. So we went to meet up with him Saturday morning. We got to the line at about 11 and we had to cross walking while Juan went through in his Jeep. We ended up having to wait about an hour and a half, but man it was sure worth the wait! Just crossing it smelled good, there is green grass, white people, and 7/11's with SLURRPEES!! :) And big gulps and everything in English. Coolest day of my life! We bought Slurpees and we headed for the temple. Juan showed us the sights and I seriously felt like I was in the Celestial Kingdom it was so clean, and green, and just great. We got to the temple around 3. It was awesome to be there and talk to Americans and feel the Spirit of the temple! I really enjoyed the session and learned so much . . . there was a lot I had forgotten. We didn’t want to leave, but it was about six in the afternoon and we didn’t have a ride back to the line . . . hahahha the sisters at the temple were about ready to kill us :) The good news is that there were two missionaries that went last week and told us how to get back to the train station and all the transfers and what not. So we rode a bus to the end of the route and then we took two trains to the line. Dad we passed right through Old Town and down town. I couldn’t help but think if you had been on the same trolley? It was amazing being in the United States again. Not gonna lie though, it was a bit hard for me. We ate Subway in a super rich shopping mall and with being used to being here in TJ - I did not feel good enough to be there. There were so many nice cars, and rich people and it was so weird to see all that again. Hence the picture of my funny face. Exactly how I felt ha.
We
got back to the line around 9 and then took a taxi to our house. It was a super
fun day and quite the adventure. I love Mexico and all but I’m sure proud to be
an American :) I’ll have to bring you all down here to the San Diego temple
someday. I remember driving past it when we went to San Diego on vacation a
while back - but its awesome! Not gonna lie though I feel pretty independent
now that I know how to get around San Diego in public transportation :)
Last night there was a concert right outside of the temple here in TJ. I caught up with a lot of members from the wards I have been in. Man it made me feel a lot better with the work I have done. Remember when we talked on Mother's Day and I was kinda frustrated for a lack of success? I talked with a family from that ward and they told me the chapel is full now with members and there have been a bunch of baptisms . . . they told me that the work I had done was finally paying off . . .shoot that made me feel real good cuz I felt like a failure in that ward. Later, another sister came up and told me all the baptisms there had been from one family I had taught but didn’t have success in another ward. I dunno its always good to see the fruits of your work as a missionary. I saw another convert-remember Cynthia that had the cool dream back in December? She is active with a calling. Her brother got baptized. We had reactivated her mom, but her mom has already been to the temple in San Diego a bunch. Another sister of her got baptized. I dunno :) Dad you know how it is to see the fruits of your work. It just felt real good to see and hear all this. Definitely made me super excited to finish my last 99 days as a missionary...mom isnt that nuts??? I have no clue when the flight plans will get here. Jenny told me her mom already has her itinerary but I have no clue when mine will get here...but it will be here quick though :)
Well, I love and miss you all! I’ll be seeing you soon!
Elder Roper :)
No comments:
Post a Comment