Hey, how are you all?? Happy Labor Day! The work continues on here in
TJ. I’m glad to hear everything went smoothly in the first week back to school.
Sounds like Turkey is doing well and that’s so good to hear Hayden is doing
well in baseball. Sounds like you are all staying busy. We are too!
First things first...we did have our baptism thank goodness! Her
name is Liliana. She was SUPER nervous so that’s why she doesn’t look happy at
all in her picture.
It was a wild week with her. She is the sister of an old
investigator we had been teaching when I got here six weeks ago. Her older
sister didn’t want anything to do with the Church after awhile and so we kept
teaching Liliana. We went last Saturday night with the bishop here to visit her
and he told her to have the 30th set in her mind as her baptism and to not
change the date because she was ready. We just kinda had that mind set teaching
her this week. She said she wanted to be baptized but there was something that
was holding her back. So on Wednesday we get there and something tells me to
ask about her parents. Her dad is somewhere here in TJ and her mom died 3 years
ago. So we taught a bit about the Spirit World and how she can be baptized for
her mom when she goes to the temple here in TJ. She seemed to really like that
message. So when the ZL's came to do the interview it lasted an hour and a
half. Elder Brown explained to me that she wanted her mom's permission to get
baptized and felt she had her permission during the interview so she did it :)
I’ll tell you all these stories when I get home because I’m sure my grammar is
horrible and I really have a hard time explaining myself in english now ha. Is
my accent that bad?? hahah I guess I cant remember how I talked before my
mission. Glad you got a kick out of the video though.
Here is my apartment. The washer is outside because that’s
where all the hoses are hooked up. And people ALWAYS have their music up way
loud here in TJ so thats the music you can hear in the background.
Speaking of baptismal interviews being district leader this past
transfer has been the best! We baptized ten in the district and we tied the
baptismal record in the zone. So it was a successful month of August. Anyways,
I’ve had a lot of cool experiences interviewing people as a district leader and
helping with their doubts and questions.
| my district |
Mom the itineraries here in the mission don’t usually get here until
the last transfer of the missionary. I still have two transfers left so
hopefully within six weeks I’ll have it. They send the trunky email too where I
have to fill out a bunch of info about our ward and stake information and who
my stake president is. Pres. Garcia told me that my last transfer ends
on the 24th of November so I should be home shortly after. It will be here
before you know it!
As for my birthday, don’t send a bunch of stuff. If people want to
send packages, please tell them to just put the money in my account. Don’t send
ties. I have been giving away ties for the past 3 months now. I’ll need clothes
getting home for sure. DONT send cash in a card or in letters to San Diego
because it will never make it across the border. Packages always make it here
but letters rarely make it. We just barely had ZC this past week. I have no
clue when ZC will be in September. If you want to send a package you can send
it two weeks before and I’ll run to the offices and pick it up :) I’m not
really planning on buying souveneirs for myself from down here because
everything you find here you can find up there. I’m gonna try and get Hayden's
surprise today and I’ll see if I can find somethin for Turkey. But we'll see
what happens :)
Have a great week! Elder Huie and I stayed together for another six
weeks and there should be more baptisms and miracles! I’m jacked! Love you all
and take care!
Elder Roper
| A less active that we have been teaching for the last lil bit |
| We got invited eat last Monday |
No comments:
Post a Comment