Monday, December 2, 2013

Hump Day

Hey, how are you all?? I hope you had a great week and enjoyed Thanksgiving and all the festivities!! I love the pictures Mom! I wish I could have been there but I am serving the Lord here in Tijuana!

Well first things first-my new companion. Mom sorry, but I don’t have a decent picture yet . . . I’ll get one to ya this week :) His name is Elder Luna. He comes from Mexico City and he is a really cool kid. He never shuts up and sometimes drives me crazy, but we get along fine and everything's great. I was super nervous to pick him up last Monday because I knew the special reasons had something to do with obedience.  That's never fun because it’s just like babysitting ha. So he was unpacking his stuff Monday and whips out his electronics.  So, he had a nice talk with President at zone conference Wednesday ha.  I thought he was going to hate me for telling President but it actually worked out well in the end. Don’t go thinking he is a bad missionary or I am complaining or nothin. He is a real good guy and has a lot of good insights of the Gospel.  I don’t do well with changes of companions so I have been up and down emotionally this week ha. It’s funny cause one second I am super happy and the next l’m sad for who knows why?  But I feel like changes help me grow and learn. DO NOT think and I am down or depressed please :) Change is just hard in the mission!

Zone Conference was Wednesday. I got all your packages :) So thank you family for the 12 days of Christmas, Gma and Gpa Roper, and the Ward back home. It’s super tempting to just open all the packages up but don’t worry, I haven’t opened them and won’t open them until the designated days :)
We have our Christmas Zone Conference on the 12TH OF DECEMBER. That will be the LAST TIME I’ll get packages or letters for Christmas. So if anyone else is planning on sending stuff, they need to send it ASAP so that I can get it at zone conference next week. Mom can you please pass that news on to the rest of the family?? :)

Thanksgiving/Hump Day was a super weird day for me. Thanksgiving isn’t really celebrated down here so it was just a normal day for everyone else. Luckily a family invited us to eat dinner that night. It was fantastic to eat stuffing and REAL mashed potatoes ha. 

Afterwards we lit fireworks and just sat around chatting. It was pretty much a normal day though. I didn’t even remember it was Thanksgiving until we went to go visit our ward mission leader. He had the Turkey Day parade on TV and man that hit home hard ha. I definitely missed you guys and the rest of the fam, but I know I am where the Lord needs me to be :)

I followed tradition and burnt a shirt to celebrate the one year mark later that night as well. Other than that it was a pretty normal day.



We had a tough service project on Saturday. Elder Sandberg and I took turns swinging the pick axe at the dirt that I think it’s harder that it is back home. Reminded me a bunch of the B. Jackson days and I am forever grateful for that job and the lessons it taught me. 
That’s great to hear that Randy and Brigham will be down here in a week. I hope to be able to see them when they get here but who knows what will happen...also crazy to think that Paige and Nephi came home this week...where does the time go??

Well, I love and miss you all! Have a great week! Thanks for all the packages!!


Elder Roper

No comments: