Monday, November 25, 2013

The Only Way To Win Is To Lose - LOSE YOURSELF!

Hey how are you all? This week went very well for us. We baptized. We had a bunch of lessons. We found a bunch of new people to teach. And I got the hump day package :) Thanks for that! I love the tie and the shirt that came. And not to mention the seeds and hot chocolate.  

We had special changes this morning so my new companion is Elder Luna from Mexico City. Pretty sure he is problematic and I’m kind of nervous for that but we'll see how it goes. He seems cool so far but we will see how it goes....

Alright, so I can’t remember if I had already told you about Yatzel. She is a little girl that turned 9 on the tenth of this month. Her mom is super inactive and wanted her daughter to be baptized so when we asked her when she turned 9 she told us on the tenth of this month. Ha so her baptism counted as a convert baptism and we are still working on getting her mom active. Yatzel's parents are separated right now but her dad is still strong in the gospel and we work with him a bunch. It was a cool baptism though. I hope you enjoy the pics - especially my chubby cheeks ha :)


This Thursday is Thanksgiving - one of my favorite holidays of the year.  Generally in Mexico it’s not celebrated but because we are here close to the border there is a lot of influence  - so we celebrate it here Tijuana :) Most people eat turkey and a bunch of tamales as well. So I am looking wayyy forward to Thursday!  We have 2 other dinner appointments a part from the lunch everyday. So Dad like you said I as well will probably be stuffed :)  I will miss running the 5k in the morning and being with all the family but who knows maybe in a year I’ll be home for the next Thanksgiving :)

This Thursday is Hump Day as well :) I honestly have no clue where the time has gone. I feel like in blink of an eye this year went by. I still remember saying goodbye to family at Thanksgiving and my first night in the MTC wondering what I have I gotten myself into??  But I love it :) It is not at all what I expected. Definitely a lot harder than I ever thought it would be. I remember thinking that we were always going to have sweet people to teach and that I was going to baptize a million people and the mission would be just happy go lucky all the time.  I have a grown a lot! I have figured out who Jackson Roper is and what Heavenly Father wants me to do with my life.  My testimony has grown and I feel like I have improved so much more than when I very first got here in Tijuana. With that said, I know I am not perfect and I know I still have a longggg year ahead of me. I still have many new things to experience, more people to meet, teach and hopefully baptize, and lot of space to grow.  If I had one goal for this next year in my mission it’s this, "The only way to win is to lose-LOSE YOURSELF."  

Jenny had her magic birthday this week! So happy birthday to her! 

Well that’s about it for this week...Dad I’m pretty sure the training you will be going to is the same one that came here to Tijuana just without 2 of the 12 being there. I know you will learn a lot though!

I love and miss you all and will miss you even more on Thursday, but I am here where I need to be :)

Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Elder Roper

No comments: