Hey how are you all??
I am apologizing right now for such a short email. Ha nothin’ much has
happened this week here in Tijuana. We didn’t have a whole lot of time to
work this past week due to another zone conference and another training from an
area seventy. It’s been good though.
If anything has changed this week, it’s been the weather. Holy cow
it’s been cold and windy ALL week. It rained like crazy Friday and Saturday so
it was a big muddy mess as well ha. The houses here in Mexico don’t have
heaters, so we have been piling on the blankets and pajamas at night to stay
warm. But, I heard it snowed like crazy back home so I guess it could be
worse. That’s crazy St. George got six
inches of snow and a foot back home. As a matter of fact, a member told us this
morning that in the desert between Mexicali and Tecate it snowed last night.
Gotta love the winter temperatures! We weren’t able to finish the service
project from last week due to cold weather and all the mud...
We are teaching a man right now named Gerardo that has a baptismal date
for the 17th of December. We were teaching the law of chastity this past week
when he told us that a little while back he killed someone. Jaw dropping
right?? Ha a man robbed his little store so in order to defend his family,
Gerardo had to shoot him and ended up killing him. They threw him in the
slammer for a week but after investigation they let him go. So we passed the news
on to President and just told us he honestly didn’t know ha. So we will have to
wait a little bit to baptize him, but his son Pablo should be getting baptized
this month.
Another family presented us to their family friend named Ernesto. He
told us in the first lesson that he is already planning on being baptized ha :)
so we set a date for him in the first week of January. I am looking
forward to teaching and working with him. That’s about it for the work right
now...
Things are great with my companion :) We get along well and he is a
great guy. Still don’t have a pic yet but I am workin’ on it :)
Mom as for Skyping it will be on Christmas Day the 25th. What plans
do you guys have this year?? Not sure on what time yet but we will be in
contact :)
I love and miss you guys on ton! Randy and Brig got held back
because changes down here are on the 16th...I wonder if I will get to train one
of them??
Have a great week!
Elder Roper
| We got invited to a baptism of an investigator that Elder Luna was teaching a lil while back...there were 6 missionaries there...fun night! |
No comments:
Post a Comment