Hey how are you all? Thanks for the pictures of the festivities this
week!! Looks like everyone had a good time and enjoyed Halloween. It was a
decent week for us as well.
It rained pretty good last Monday and Tuesday. Tuesdays day of work
there close to the chapel was fun . . . mud everywhere and it made for a good
time. All of the members still tell us that it will still get worse though. I
love working in the rain and mud though so it should be a good time :)
Zone Conference was Wednesday. A Seventy by the name of Elder Alan
Walker and his wife came and visited us. They just got done being mission
presidents is Mexico City. They are from Argentina and gave two really good
trainings. We had a whole bunch of the ward leaders that are in charge of
missionary work from the various wards in Tijuana and they learned a lot with
us. The ward here doesn’t really work that well as a council, so Elder Tall and
I put together another training and it worked well yesterday. Dad my biggest
advice would be to study Chapter 13 in Preach My Gospel and Chapter 5 in the red handbook from the
Church. Read about the Ward Mission Plan. If there isn’t one in the ward, the
ward council AND this missionaries under the direction of the Bishop need to
make one. From that plan every organization sets goals and makes plans to find,
retain, and reactivate. As for motivating the members, I would check out the
website the Church has that you sent me awhile back that came out in July after
the training of the work of salvation. There
are a lot of motivating videos and a lot of examples of the responsibilities of
the Bishop and Ward Mission Leader in regards to missionary work. The
elders shouldn’t be knocking doors. 1 out of every door knocked on gets baptized.
Two out of every 3 referrals from members that are taught in the members'
houses are baptized and stay active. The Prophet said that NOW is the time for
members and missionaries to work together in the work of salvation. That should
be enough motivation as it is, right?
We found a guy by the name of Gerado this week. He is a friend of a
member that we had met my first week here. So I mentioned to the member that he
go and teach him. So we went twice this week. He accepted a baptismal date and
came to church and everything this week. He is super excited and so are we!
Halloween was a bummer here, ha. We had to be home early and there
wasn’t public transportation here after 5 o’ clock because people throw eggs at
the buses for who knows why . . . so we just had to stay here in the area where
we live and visit members all night. Pretty normal day for a missionary though.
OH! Mom, I totally got your package Wednesday in zone conference :) It got here
in a hurry! Thanks for the goodies!! I got a birthday package from Jenny's mom
as well, so can you please tell her thanks??
Elder Cornejo is from Pachuca, Mexico. It’s close to Mexico City.
Real great dude. Still has a lot to learn but does a really good job for only
having 3 months in the mission. I have learned a lot from him finishing up his
training.
We speak 100 percent SPANISH :) he actually speaks English really well but we’re in Mexico, so Spanish it is. I feel really comfortable with the language. It really hasn’t given me a whole lot of problems. The gift of tongues is something real though!! I have still have a lot to learn but I feel great with Spanish. I still speak with the gringo accent and I’m trying real hard to get rid of it but I think it will always stick with me!
We speak 100 percent SPANISH :) he actually speaks English really well but we’re in Mexico, so Spanish it is. I feel really comfortable with the language. It really hasn’t given me a whole lot of problems. The gift of tongues is something real though!! I have still have a lot to learn but I feel great with Spanish. I still speak with the gringo accent and I’m trying real hard to get rid of it but I think it will always stick with me!
I hope you all have a great week. My year mark will be here before
we all know it! I love and miss you all!
Elder Roper
No comments:
Post a Comment