Hey, how are you all? Sounds like you all had a nice fall week. The
weather has been surprisingly hot here this week. Probably means we will be
cooling off here quick but who knows with the weather here in TJ? I think its
crazier here than back home ha.
Slower week this week. It was the last week of the transfer and
nothing really happens these weeks ha. Elder Tall is peacin’ out to
Mexicali this week. Elder Cornejo and I stayed the same at least until Christmas.
Should be a fun six weeks together though!
Francisco passed his baptismal interview with flying colors so he
will be getting baptized tomorrow. I am really looking forward to this baptism.
Francisco got shot in the face a long time ago and it left him half paralyzed.
He has worked his way back to where he can walk and work. He is out of work
right now, so his funds are short. He still comes to church week in and week
out. He got offered a job this past week, but he was going to have to miss
church each Sunday, so he turned it down. This really amazed me and strengthened
my faith a BUNCH. I am sure he will find work shortly after his baptism. My
testimony has really grown teaching Francisco. When we put the Lord first in
our lives and when we are PATIENT with him, he blesses us. There is always a
purpose for the ups and downs in our lives! Elder Cornejo will baptize him as it is his
first baptism. The rest of our dates right now are for December. Just happy
that we are going to baptize someone after not having anything for my first 3
weeks here!
Ha another funny for the week. I SWEAR this is my curse in life.
Remember the time when I was in Ensenada and we got the lesson and the
investigator started breast feeding her kid in front of us without covering up?
It happened AGAIN hahahah. We hopped on the bus to go to an appointment Tuesday
afternoon. A lady got on with her kid and her kid started crying. So she just
flops everything out and starts feeding her kid. Ha she was in the seat just
next over to me. AWKWARD. Even more awkward that she did it in the public
transportation but oh well right. Oh the things that happen in the
mission.
So that’s about all I got for this week. We had interviews with
President Friday. It went well. He said that I looked a lot more relaxed and
confident. Boy ain’t that the truth!?! I have really grown this past six weeks.
I feel like I am a better missionary in all aspects. I have learned a ton
as well. Oh, I learned how to make flour tortillas this week. They were
fantastic as well!
Enjoy the pics :)
I love and miss you all!
Elder Roper :)
No comments:
Post a Comment