Monday, October 28, 2013

What We Sow, Is What We Reap

Hey how are you all??

Crazy to think that I am already writing again...where does the time go?  

It’s a rainy cold day today but we are loving it. Reminds me a lot of home this time of year. If it keeps raining this week it will be a fun week of work in the mud :) I like to think that God will bless us more if we just get out there in the rain and get workin!

Oh and crazy to think that today I complete 11 months. Almost half way there . . . I have no clue where the time has gone.

It was a pretty normal week of work this week. Still tryin’ to get the members to get excited and give us references.  Elder Tall explained to me that the Bishop and the ward council didn’t really know how to work together, so I gave him a training on how to work a couple weeks back and he loved it. I am really excited to see how this ward changes.  I hope I can have a calling when I get home that has to deal with missionary work within the ward council. We are receiving a ton of training on how to work with the ward council that I think the ward back home could really benefit from! A Seventy is coming to give us a zone training this Wednesday between the missionaries and members. I am looking forward to what he has to say and the training he will give us on how to work with the members.

We re-activated 2 less active families this week and both families have members that aren’t members. Fransisco is progressing as well and all things are a GO for the 12th of November :)

Alright, so we had 2 more birthday parties this week for Elder Tall and I.  Like I said, the families treat us really well down here in Tijuana :) 


So with the cake it’s tradition here for the birthday person to take a big birthday bite from their cake thus explaining the pictures.  


So when it was Elder Tall’s turn to take his bite, I slammed his face into it hahahaha. He had frosting clear up his nose . . . it was too funny!! I’ll try and get you the video!


I loved the pictures from Halloween and the Pumpkin Party back home!! Definitely missed that party this year! Halloween is celebrated the same here as it is back home but I am sure we will be in our houses at six to keep us safe :)

Mom, Day of the Dead is celebrated as well. I don’t remember the day, but it’s a lot like Memorial Day as you said. Everyone goes to the cemeteries to leave flowers and what not. Everyone is Catholic here, so the missionaries usually go to teach the Plan of Salvation ha. Too bad there isn’t a cemetery in my area!!

We still aren’t seeing a whole lot of success here in the ward, but we are improving little by little. I am very grateful that the Lord lets us see fruits of our work even if it isn’t seen by baptisms. We gave easily more than 10 blessings of health or comfort this week and like I said, we are activating less active families as well.

I really love Alma 26:27-31. Helps me see that through patience and trials the Lord gives success. Sometimes we don’t see the fruits as baptisms but we will ALWAYS see the fruit of our work. What we sow, is what we reap :)


I am so grateful for this Gospel and the comfort it brings to families. It answers all my questions and it’s amazing to see how the Gospel changes people’s lives. Where would we be without it?

I love and miss you all! Have a great Halloween and enjoy the chilly fall weather!!
Much love

Elder Roper :)

No comments: