Monday, October 14, 2013

If You Want To Make The Missionaries Happy . . .


Hey how are you all?

Decent week this week. Elder Cornejo and I enjoyed it. Not a whole lot of success but we are finding a little bit more people to teach and we are really focusing in on gaining the members confidence so they can give us referrals. If you want to make the missionaries happy, GIVE THEM REFERRALS :)  
I am getting a bit more adjusted everyday to the new area and doing my best to stay positive and happy even though we don’t have a whole lot of work right now. It’s been cool though to share ideas with Elder Tall and catch up with him. He is ready to get out of ward as he has been here 6 months now but he is still doing well and working hard. 

Because we don’t have a whole lot of people to teach right now, we are focusing in on less actives and strengthening the active members. We made two visits this past week to a family that got baptized 7 months ago in the south and are still progressing along in the gospel. We read with them a little bit of Alma 32 just to get to know them and be able to work with them. Turns out the mom had been offered a job but the job was on a Sunday and she wouldn’t be able to come to church. So we talked about how if we put the Lord first in our lives he will bless us and especially if we pay our tithing the Lord will make up for what we don’t have.  

So we walk into Church Sunday and it was fast Sunday. Everyone started going up front and when she went up front to bear her testimony she mentioned how two angels and passed by her house and shared exactly what she needed to hear and how if we wouldn’t have passed by she probably would have been working that Sunday. It made Elder Cornejo and I sure feel good and it was good to see some of the fruits of our work this past week.  I know for sure that the Lord has our back and knows our trials and struggles. He will always bless us as long as put our part :)

Well I know this is super short this week, but that’s about all I got ha. Glad to hear the Utes won and the RedSox came back to win...definitely missing the October sports action but I know this is where I need to be right now in my life.  

I hope you are doing well!
Love and miss you all!

Elder Roper

Here is a picture of the rain that pounded us this week. All the members said that it hadn’t even begun to rain and just to wait about 6 weeks more...ha it should be fun! 

We had a little party with the Cordova Family to celebrate my birthday 
and Elder Coutino's birthday this past week.

These are stairs that people make here in Mexico to climb the hills.


No comments: