Hey how are you all??
It’s been a little bit a rough week here in Ensenada ha. The ups and
downs of the mission are absolutely amazing to me. But if there weren’t any
downs I would never learn or grow. My mission has been incredibly hard up
to this point but I think I have grown a lot. No worries though, I am still
doing well and super happy! I called the zone leaders Wednesday afternoon to
find out what time the weddings were going to be going down today. Well
they told me that the date changed again because the judge has whole ton of
information to put together :( We have changes next week so I probably won’t be
around for Eduardo’s baptism. Ha that made me super sad because Eduardo has
asked me to baptize him. So that definitely put a damper in the week ha.
It is what it is though and we just gotta keep workin right? I prayed real hard
this week just so that we could find people to teach and have success. And I got an answer to my prayers :) D & C 127:4 says this...
"And again, verily thus saith the Lord: Let the work of my a)temple,
and all the works which I have appointed unto you, be continued on and not
cease; and let your b)diligence,
and your perseverance, and patience, and your works be redoubled, and you shall
in no wise lose your reward, saith the Lord of Hosts. And if they c)persecute you,
so persecuted they the prophets and righteous men that were before you. For all
this there is a reward in heaven."
This was when Joseph Smith had to hide and was dealing with a bunch of
persecution. He was talked to the Saints through letters and this is one of
them. This scripture talks about the temple construction but we can apply
it to my mission as well. I have learned that when we aren’t baptizing or
finding people to teach we have to redouble our efforts. It’s super easy to
crawl in a hole and give up but I think of the Savior and how He never gave up
when He suffered for our sins. The mission is super hard but I know Heavenly
Father is aware of, not only my situation, but of everyone's. I know He
will bless me when I put forth more of an effort to find people and baptize. Oh,
the things we learn in the mission :)
Dad about the webpage you gave me- the mission lets us use that site
to train the ward councils and to help the members. They burnt us all discs
that have various videos and the whole worldwide training session. We use them
to help the members think of people to teach and then we go and find them.
It’s super useful and a lot of times gives us more people to teach! I’m
glad you are enjoying your calling and learning a lot about the Work of
Salvation!
The suit is holding up fine. We got the pants all sewed up and they
are good to go :) I’m not really sure if we are gonna open up any new areas
here in Ensenada but I know there are like 8 that are going to be opened. It’s
crazy how many missionaries are getting here! The elders from the south always
come to Ensenada for zone conference so they always get their packages in zone
conference like everyone else.
We have changes next week and there is a good chance I’m out of Ensenada.
So if you don’t hear from me next
Monday, that’s why. I hope you are all doing well :) I can’t believe school is
already starting!
Here is another picture of beautiful Ensenada and the progress of
the house that Rodolfo is building!
Have a good week and take care!
Elder Roper
No comments:
Post a Comment