Hey what’s up?
We had a solid week of work this week. Last Sunday we fasted so that
we could get one of our investigators married this week so he could get
baptized and we could finally baptize again. His name is Eduardo and he is
super sweet. He is about 45 years old and he has changed incredibly. He was
into drugs and that whole scene but now he is super clean and just wants to get
baptized and live the gospel. I have been working with him since I was here
with Elder Jacome and the only thing that held him back from getting baptized
was that he wasn’t married but he was still living with his girlfriend that is
already a member. They could never get enough money gathered up to get married
even with the discounted weddings they do here in Ensenada. So we couldn’t do
anything for him until he had got married. So we received a phone call last Sunday
night from the zone leaders that a judge up in Tijuana that is a member of the
church decided to help us all out and is having a free day of weddings next
Monday in Tijuana!!! A lot of people here don’t have birth certificates and all
their legal papers but this judge only wanted 2 documents that everyone already
has and isn’t charging anything!! So Eduardo and his girlfriend are heading up
to Tijuana Monday to get married and we will have his baptism not this Wednesday
but the next one! Super excited for that
and Eduardo asked me to baptize him so I am looking super forward to next Wednesday
:)
We had a sweet service project this past week too! Remember the
family that you met when we skyped? They are moving into another house and
asked us if we could help them paint in this past Tuesday...so everyone from
the district minus the zone leaders went and we helped them get their house
painted. Super fun painting by the way, so mom if you have any projects in mind
wait 16 more months before I get home so I can help!! I think the service
projects are my favorite part of the mission. It’s a nice break from walking
all day and I just love working for some reason. Thank you for teaching me how
to work!
Hayden in the little league world series that are always on ESPN
this time of year....watch out for the team from Mexico because they are from
here in Tijuana! cool huh? I don't know any of the kids but I just thought that
was cool!
Besides that it was a pretty normal week! We went to the swap meet
this morning to find me a watch...mine broke in a million pieces yesterday so
went looking for a good deal. Didn’t find anything but I did find 2 shnazzzy
ties for 20 pesos or about $1.75 ha. Gotta love the deals in the swap
meets!
Shane & Whitney and Tina & Kayle look great! Thanks for
sending me the pictures! Super happy for them...and I think Whitney came to my
farewell and I met Kayle last spring at Great Grandma R's funeral. Shane and
Whitney are clear down way south in Mexico no where near me. But Ensenada is
super nice if they want to stop by ;) I can order their food and everything in
Spanish for them ha :)
Transfers are in two weeks and I think I am out of here but who
knows? 30 yes 30 new missionaries get here in 2 weeks so there is a good chance
I’ll get to train. I’m looking super forward to that!
As for the golden family we still haven’t heard or seen them :( so
we are moving on and back to working with the members to find people! Member
missionary work is the best!
I talked with the offices today to send them a reminder about the
luggage so watch out for that!
As for requests on the package...crystal light please! I have missed
that like crazy! All the powders here have a bunch of sugar and there is not
Crystal Light like back home. Maybe a watch if you can find a good deal! I’ll
keep looking down here but if you find one like I bought from Wal-mart that
will be fine :)
I love and miss you all! Glad Hayden had a great tournament and you
enjoyed Arizona! I am doing great! The work is progressing again and we are finding
people right and left!
Enjoy the pictures this week!
Elder Roper
No comments:
Post a Comment