Monday, August 19, 2013

A New Companion


Hey how are you all?

Well, another 6 weeks has come and gone super duper fast! It feels just like yesterday.  I just started another 6 weeks with Elder Vargas. So the big news is that I’m staying in Ensenada another 6 weeks! That was a super huge surprise for me because I have been here 4 and a half months...ha I was already packed and ready to go, too. But the phone call came Friday night and the zone leaders told me I was staying ha! So I said goodbye to Elder Vargas this morning and received my new companion Elder Valdez. He is from Durango, Mexico and has quite a while in the mission. 19 months I think. He is friends with Elder Vargas and Elder Vargas told me that Elder Valdez was pretty sweet so I am looking forward to these 6 weeks with him! I thought for sure I was going to be training as about 30 new missionaries got here to the mission today but it’s all good :) I was little bit sad that my expectations weren’t filled but it is what it is and I’ll keep working!

The update with Eduardo is that they are going to wait until September to get married. They had to get some health tests done and didn’t have the money or time to get them done. But there are more weddings in September so I should be around for his baptism :)


Yes, I knew Elder Newell. He lives up in Plain City but has a sister I think that lives in Taylorsville. He was my first zone leader and finished his mission about 6 weeks ago. Here is a picture of him, Elder Tall, and I from the beginning of my mission!



I think my luggage is up in Tijuana. I know there are packages up there waiting for me as well. Our zone conference isn’t until the 17th of September so I won’t get them until then when President comes to town but it’s better late than never. But Mom don’t worry because I didn’t have to travel with broken luggage :)

The work here is still a little bit slow but we are starting head back upwards again (does that make sense??) I am forgetting how to say things in English haha. We are talking with everyone in the streets and helping the members find people to teach as well. I know the Lord will help us out and I am looking forward to working with Elder Valdez as he has a lot more experience that I do. 

Here is a picture from Sunday with one of our ward missionaries named Araceli and one with the sisters from our district. I sometimes forget how big I am but it’s pretty evident in these pictures ha :) 



Dad thanks for the update from the Sox game. I have to laugh at Arod. I saw in a newspaper down here that he was going to be banned. Gotta love the fights in between the Sox and Yankees! 

Thank you for everything! Sorry this is a bit short. Not much happened this past week besides changes with companionships. I hope you are all doing well and preparing good for school! I love and miss you all!

Elder Roper

PS- Dad, I am a champ at ironing my shirts now :)


No comments: