Monday, July 8, 2013

6 More Weeks in Ensenada


Hey ya’ll!

Sounds like you all had a great week!  It’s a miracle - Keaton’s baptism invite got to me this week.  I enjoyed his little note that he had attached.  I really wanted to be there with you all and I had hoped that we would baptize here in Ensenada but it just didn’t work out.  Actually every companionship here in the zone had dates for this past Saturday and every single one of them fell through so I don’t feel all that bad haha :)

Congrats to Hayden for taking state!  I am excited for you all to be able to head to Surprise! If you remember, that’s where we went to play ball my sophomore year.  Wow how fast the time goes by....
So I am sure you are all dying to know if I am dying in the heat or not but the good news is that...I get to stay in Ensenada with Elder Vargas for 6 more weeks!! :) Woo hoo! I was super jacked that I get to spend my summer here in Paradise haha.  I already had all my books packed away and most of my clothes ready to go Saturday night but the zone leaders called us to tell us that we are staying together.  I am really looking forward to this next 6 weeks.  We have a goal of 4 baptisms in this next month and I know we are gonna do it!  

A family here in the ward presented us a family by the name of Jose, Cecilia and their kids: Jared and Licha.  They moved here from Sonora about 3 months ago and are in pretty poor circumstances.  We always get super excited when we find families like this because we know this is how the Lord prepares his children to come to Christ.  Jose and Cecilia might not know it now but I am sure they will here pretty quick.  They are already reading the Book of Mormon and accepted a date in 3 weeks.  Super excited for them!

I am really loving this way to work!  I have knocked seriously less than 10 doors in my entire mission and from those 10 doors I haven’t found a thing.  Success really comes from the members.  Sometimes we don’t have much to do but the Lord always provides us with something.  We had 32 lessons this past week and really didn’t have to stress to find people to teach.  Actually on the Fourth of July we left with the bishop and his family and knocked on every single door in his neighborhood.  Man that was fun and I was super happy that I was able to have a good day on my favorite AMERICAN holiday :)  

Oh how I love my mission and how everything happens!  Again this past week we didn’t have anything to do for about an hour and the simple thought came to my mind that we should go visit Julio because he hadn’t been to church in a bit.  So we went and it’s a good thing we went because he was super dissappointed. . . he had been fighting with his mom and she doesn’t want him to go to church anymore.  So he was super sad.  We were able to cheer him up a bit and give him some scripture references and Mormon Messages to watch.  We saw him yesterday at church and he was doing better.  Gotta love those simple little thoughts that come from the Holy Ghost :)

Mom as for the luggage dont send it anywhere yet.  A family here has family in San Diego and said that you could send it to their address in San Diego and they would bring it down for me :) Let me get the address this week and I’ll send it to ya next Monday :) 

I am super proud of Hayden and Keaton and am hoping the best for Hayden in Arizona!  

Keaton bud, I was thinkin' about ya all day Saturday and was super glad your invite got to me in time.  I like to think that heavenly father had a little somethin' to do with that :)

Sorry for no pictures this week :( my computer doesn’t have a USB port...

Glad you are all doing well!! Take care and have another great week! :)

Much love,

Elder Roper :)

There is a mexican celebrity down here named Chabelo and everyone here knows who he is.  I had never heard of him before. . . everyone here also says I look exactly like him. . . what do you think??




No comments: