Monday, June 24, 2013

"It's All Good!" . . . Still


Wow I have no clue how times flies by so fast.  Every week I sit down to read my email and don’t have any idea where the week went!

It was a slower week here in Hidalgo in regards to the work.  Not a whole ton of lessons or new investigators either but it’s all good.  We lost two days of work this past week because Elder Vargas went to TJ all day Friday for a training and we had a huge service project Saturday morning that lasted awhile.  I am sure you will enjoy the pictures :) It was the first time that I had worn shorts outside in the sun in who knows how long so my legs were super duper white hahaha.  I always love me some good physical labor but it was a good reminder like Bart said to go to school and get a good education.  And to enjoy my mission while it lasts because this week I finish 7 months - like I said who knows where time goes?

I really loved the training yesterday.  We all got together at the stake center to watch it.  I hate watching trainings in Spanish because of the voice overs.  It’s always so hard for me to concentrate but it’s all good.  I won’t be surprised that if the whole world drops knocking doors by the end of my mission.  It’s super ineffective now.  All of Mexico has dropped it.  Baptisms have dropped but retention and tithing has gone way up!  It’s super effective because it involves the whole ward and everyone participates in missionary work.  

Please give the missionaries home referrals and go with them to teach investigators.  They will love you for doing so :) I was super surprised to hear that about Facebook to contact members and investigators.  It would totally work as well!  I haven’t heard anything yet...it would take a lot of obedience to do it but it would save us a lot of money in cell phone minutes and be a good way to plan every day!  I know the MTC in Provo uses Facebook for missionary work and in San Diego as well.  But they have cars and iPads in San Diego and us in Tijuana no - but it’s for a good reason we don’t have those things here ha :) When the camera passed Jenny I just about jumped out of my seat! I was like holy crap it was Jenny!!

The day is coming ever closer that the Savior will come again.  Like it says in D & C 88 the Lord will quicken the work in His time and I know that is happening.  Not just only in Mexico but in the whole world!  I know without a doubt the Church is true and this work is of the Lord!!

The luggage didn’t come this week but its all good.  I’ll wait for it the next month.  Sometimes things take forever to get to us but eventually they get to us and that’s all that matters right?

I love you all and miss you as well but I am doing great!  Glad you all enjoyed the broadcast and give referrals to the elders back home!! :)

Have a good week and we’ll chat later :)
Elder Roper :)


Here are more pictures from the bufadora last week and the service Saturday :) I was moving a wheelbarrel full of rocks all morning and I’m not gonna lie...I loved it!


No comments: