Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Super Sorry, Super Late, Super Worried, Super Quick


Hey, super sorry this is coming in super late. We went to the blowhole yesterday and got back super late. We had an appointment as soon as we got back, so we weren’t able to write yesterday. So we are writing right now :) Sorry you were all probably super worried, but everything is A okay :) enjoy the pictures from the blowhole!!



It was a super quick week. I can’t believe I am writing again just like ya said Mom!

Our families that we are teaching are progressing right along. We found another cool family last night that are interested in the Gospel. We have visited with the children of the family and they quickly became our friends...ha so when we showed up last night they requested that we help them with their homework especially in English :) I don’t want to jinx this family so I’ll get you names and pictures later :)

I caught a cold this past week and man its kicked my butt. Being sick in the mission is the worst. Ha the sisters in the ward could tell I had a cold and gave me all sorts of remedies of teas and herbal stuff hahahah. I am doing a lot better though. The members take good care of us!

Mom, I thought you like to see this picture of the double rainbow. I saw this last Monday after we wrote - I couldn’t help but think of Granny J and how she is watching over all of us :)


President Carreon explained to us a couple of months ago that we as missionaries are safer than what we would be in our houses. He also explained that the majority of the cases where there are accidents with the missionaries is when they are doing something they shouldn’t be and in an area where they shouldn’t be. Granted accidents happen and I think that is the will of God, but we are 100 percent safe here in the mission :) When I got set apart, President Schulte said that I would be blessed with safety and health and be watched over.  

Mom that’s cool you got to experience a Quinceanera. We have been invited to many, but we can't go obviously ha. It’s a Catholic thing here, but just about everybody has them.

I’ll get you some pictures of the food we eat here daily. It took just an adjustment, but I love the food and tortillas at every meal. Last week a family gave us chicken, potatoes and toast and I didn’t know what to do without tortillas.

Sorry again this is short and it came late but everything is okay :)

I’m looking forward to the birthday packages!! If they don’t get here in time for my birthday, they will come in October in zone conference :) 

I love and miss you all and hope you are all doing well!

Have a good week!

Elder Roper

No comments: