Monday, June 10, 2013

Good Week!


Hey ya’ll!

Sorry this email came in late this week!  I got called to go up to Tijuana Saturday to pick up my Visa. That’s why I took out so much money this past week from my card. . . don’t worry the mission reimburses it all :) I left Sunday night with some more Elders down here and came back this afternoon.  We went to the zone activity and we are just barely getting around to writing.  

Mom you mentioned a little while back that you had been talking with another missionary mom and the Elders name was Elder Howard?  He is down here in Ensenada . . . he is in the other zone but I occasionally see him. I mentioned that you and his mom had been chatting and he just laughed.  Small world I guess!

Another good week here in Ensenada.  It’s been a long one but yet here I am again writing home again.  We had another baptism this past week.  Her name was Sandra Luz.  She is a neighbor of Hermana Dora and Redolfo that we baptized about a month ago.  She accepted the Gospel right away and got baptized within two weeks of our first visit.  She is a little bit crazy but she understands the Gospel and lives it too so that’s all that matters.  She wanted me to do the baptism so I had the blessing to baptize her.  We had to do the whole thing twice because she didn’t understand what was going to happen and didn’t go down all the way...so after some explanation, I forced her down and the baptism was complete :)  Kinda embarrassing and she mentioned to me after that she was scared but it’s all good.  We got her to the water so that’s all that matters :)


I haven’t made it through the conference Ensign quite yet but I read that thing every spare moment I get.  The picture that is highlighted really made me thing of you all.  A mission really is a family thing.  It’s hard on everyone of us but we are all receiving blessings.  I have never been this tired in my life but some how I receive the strength to get up out of bed every morning and get to work.  Oh how great this work is :)



That is nuts that Keaton turns 8 this week. . . where in the world does time go? I still remember holding that little Turkey when he was born.  Happy Birthday Turkey!  I sent him a package with a member that was going to Provo this past week so be watching for it in the mail :) or hand delivery who knows?  The members are always so good to us here!

Mom what is the name of the guy you talked to??  We have a Rueben here that lives with his mom.  Get me a name so I can talk with them!!

Dad I would recommend that the missionaries teach every family in the ward the mission lessons and then ask for references. . . that’s what we do and we have success.  It’s hard and scary for the members but they have to open their mouths.  The members ALWAYS ALWAYS know someone who could benefit from the message :) read in Chapter 9 in PMG where it talks about using the members to find people to teach. This way is a lot more effective than knocking doors all day :)

In whatever package you send next, just send oxy face wash and garments and whatever other stuff you want :)  Maybe a sweet tie or something like that hint hint ;)  I am gonna need some new slacks here in the next little bit.  Mom I will be watching for the suitcase!  I told President a little while ago so he will be watching for it as well!

Well I hope you are doing well.  I am doing just fine :) I had to turn down more fish tacos from the members this week but they took us to eat Chinese Food so that was fine with me :)  Elder Vargas suffers my punishment as he loves fish tacos...ha what can I do though? I love you all and miss you as well but time is flying!  Take care and have a fantastic week!

Elder Roper


No comments: