Monday, May 6, 2013

It Was A Fantastic Week This Week!


Hey how are you all?

It was a fantastic week this week!  Can’t believe how fast it flew by.  Every week goes by faster and faster ha. 

Well, let’s see, what happened this week?  Sometimes it’s hard to remember because the days mesh together.  Time is already flying by.  Granted some days are forever and others are super fast but I guess its all just part of the mission right? 

We had 3 baptisms this week and the services were super sweet.  The family is made up of Hermano Fito, Hermana Dora, and Hermana Belem.  It’s the family that is currently building their new house.  I met this family my first day that I got here in Ensenada and right when we walked in their little shack I felt the Spirit so strong.  You could see it in their eyes that they were ready baptism and ready to receive the Gospel.  One of my favorite parts of the mission is seeing the new members in all white their baptism day.  They look so clean and it’s almost an evidence of the Atonement that you can see that has taken place in their lives. 


Although the days are long, hard and often times super frustrating, bringing people is super worth it.  I wrote in my journal that I would go through hell and back just to bring people to Christ.  I figure that He had to suffer the sins of the world for all of our salvation so I can suffer a little bit here and there in the mission just to bring people to Christ.  Elder Jacome always says its the fire in our bones that keeps us working and I have to agree. 

Funny story and I know you will all die laughing when you read this.  Often times we eat a lot of beans here and often times we have a lot of gas.  Bodily functions -  so it’s normal.  Ha no I didn’t poop my pants so don’t ask but I went Friday night with Elder Cepeda from the Dominican Republic. (BTW - he looks exactly like President Obama) to do the interviews of Fito, Dora, and Belem.  The interviews went well and they all passed.  We explained how the baptism happens and the confirmation the following Sunday.  We finished with a prayer and Fito asked if I would pray.  We were all standing when we prayed and at the end of prayer Fito asked Elder Cepeda to pray.  I don’t know why but we did it anyways.  Elder Cepeda wanted to kneel this time so right as we went to kneel.....I farted hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!  I don’t know if anyone heard or what happened but I went super red.  I just bowed my head and listened to the prayer.  No one said anything and I was super embarrassed.  It totally slipped ha.  I didn’t ask Elder Cepeda until the morning if he had heard it.  He said he had but he thought it was my shoe or something hahahahahahah.  He died laughing when he realized what had happened.  It was so hard not to laugh during this prayer ha.

We had zone conference this past Tuesday.  They are always very good and President Carreon said something that I loved.  He said that about 95 percent of the missionaries who get hurt or find trouble are in places where they aren’t supposed to be or doing things that are contrary to the rules.  If we are obedient, we are promised that we will be okay.  He said that here as missionaries we are more safe under the rules of the mission than if we were in our own countries.  It was hard for me to understand at first but now that I think about it, it totally makes sense.  So Mom, don’t worry because I am in the places where I am supposed to be, doing the things I am supposed to :)  we are literally in the Lord’s hands!

I have had a few encounters with fish down here.  One time it happened in Tijuana.  I told Elder Jacome my first day here and he called the Relief Society President to tell her.  So the ward and the Bishop know not to feed us fish ha.  On Saturday, one sister made us fish tacos and they looked so stinkin’ good but yeah I just have to say yeah I can’t eat that.  I am sure the sisters get upset that I am turning down their food but I don’t care ha.  I carry my epiPen everywhere in case something happens but I will be fine :)  I am sure to ask what’s in the food so they aren’t any surprises. 

Like the missionaries at home, yes I am super tired.  Friday every appointment that I had planned fell through so I walked the whole area twice trying to find people to teach.  I was super tired that day but its all good because I survived :) 

My shoes are holding up great and we made a good buy there.  I get blisters every now and again but my feet are starting to callus up so it’s all good. 

We have an appointment to Skype home on SUNDAY MAY 12 AT 4 O CLOCK in the time zone here.  Be ready for two hours or so because I have no clue who will go first.  Try to do it on the computer as well.  Thank for your account info.  I am looking so forward to seeing and talking with you all!!

Thank you for all the updates from home.  I love hearing from home and all the sports updates. 

Well take care and I will see you all on Sunday! :)

Elder Roper




No comments: