Monday, May 13, 2013

Another New Companion Already?!?!?


Hey y’all,

Sure was good to chat with you all yesterday!  It seems like a dream and that hour went by so stinkin’ fast.  Ha I woke up this morning with a smack right back to reality and back to work ha.
 
Hey I don’t have a whole lot of time because with the *recent events (see below) of Elder Castellan, Elder Jacome is getting transferred today up to Buenos Aires with Elder Newell and I am receiving an Elder named Elder Bargas.  I sure hope he is a good Elder and ready to work.  I am nervous because I will have to direct the work here in the zone for the next little bit but I will be just fine :) gotta learn these lessons somehow...why not start tomorrow ha?  So I think I am headed up to Tijuana again for the day and headed back here tomorrow with my new companion.  Please keep me in your prayers because I am super nervous!!

Hey so I hope you all enjoy these photos!  One of the Book of Mormon and me.  I explained why in the Skype session.  The other is with a turtle one of the members had when we ate Sunday.  I thought it was pretty cool.  The others are of the luggage that broke.  It’s the biggest one and the handle just snapped right off one day ha.

Well, I hope you are all doing well!  Wish Hayden a happy birthday for me!  I hope you enjoy it buddy!  I’ll try and get another email out tonight in Tijuana but I can’t make any promises ha.  Wow! the mission flies right by!
Take care and I love you all!

Elder Roper





*So Elder Roper referred to the recent events with his trainer Elder Castellan.  This is what has transpired with that companion.  

Jackson told us the following as we Skyped on Mother's Day.  He got a call Saturday night - really late and it was the zone leader.  He wanted to talk specifically to Jackson.  Jackson said it was alarming because his companion is the senior companion and they usually talk with him. The zone leaders wanted to hear more about the stories that Jackson would tell them about his first companion - Elder Castellan. So Jackson told them everything! Interesting  that they will listen and want to talk to him now . . . I guess Elder Castellan got a little overly friendly with a girl and was forcing her to do things she did not want to do.   She called the cops as well as the mission home. They also found out that Elder Castellan is a leader of a inner mission gang. I guess there were about 4 Elders that didn't want to obey by the rules and he headed the gang up. They had phones and would communicate with each other and who knows what else - probably better that we don't know!  The leaders were apologizing to Jackson and told him they were sorry he had to deal with him. I guess the mission president is really sorry about Elder Castellan and can't believe it.  Prayers are heard and answered! Thanks for praying for him!

No comments: