Monday, March 18, 2013

Por Favor Puedo Usar Su Bano


Hola!

Wow where does time go?  I have no clue whatsoever.  I say that every single P- day.  Ha I really have no clue.  

Great news to hear about Mark´s mission call.  I always had a feeling he would go somewhere in Europe.  He can do this sweet Irish accent...ha perfect for him.  It’s actually really great to hear about all of my friends getting mission calls.  Once again seems like just yesterday we were all playing sports together and what not. 

I have grown substantially this past week.  Actually Elder Tall and I got to spend yesterday afternoon together and work here in Otay for a whole day.  Never ever thought that would happen, but it did.  It had to be a funny sight seeing two gringos fresh in TJ walking around preaching the Gospel together. I was super nervous we weren’t going to be able to understand a word but I was able to understand, no lie everything and speak my mind for really the first time in my mission.  It’s funny when I am with a different comp or I have to plan the day and make sure the plans get fulfilled I can speak and understand everything.  Geez the power of the gift of tongues and interpretation is real.  I have to use it everyday and I know as long as I am worthy of it and work for it I can have it whenever I need it.  

Can’t wait to hear who the new bishop will be and the re-alignments in the wards!  How exciting!  I also really like the story Mom shared from Pres. VanWagoner.  It’s definitely hard to get your mind where it needs to be but these 2 years are for the Lord and we have the whole rest of our lives to do and think whatever.  Elder Holland says it will never be the same, so enjoy it.  I always think of that when I get frustrated or tired or the day sucks.  Literally I will never have another time like this in my life.  

Sadly, the baptism of Jose Pablo didn’t happen this week.  President Carreon actually came with us to his house to do the interview.  Because of the complications with his wife, Jose either has to marry the mother of his son or he has to move out.  It’s a really difficult situation and Jose Pablo wants it so bad.  He was in tears when he realized that he couldn’t be baptized this week.  Poor guy.  But I would rather have everything in order for the baptism instead of doing it unworthily.  

Funny story though...we were chatting a bit after a meal with the Sister that we had just eaten with.  I felt something hit my stomach hard but I didn’t want to interrupt the conversation and ask to use the bathroom.  Luckily the urge went away but about 2 minutes later in hit me again HARD!!  My stomach growled and growled and growled and I was hunched over in pain.  Ha i mumbled out...Hermana por favor puedo usar su bano ... hahahahahahahahahaha!!  Needless to say hell was unleashed and I’m pretty sure her daughter was in the next room over and heard everything but what can I do?  I HAD to go that instant!  The same thing happened the next day during a lesson with an investigator and I had to use her bathroom as well.  Elder Castelan was laughing and I had to bust out the Pepto that Jenny sent me in the MTC....boy it sure helped me out a lot.  

I am proud of Hayden and his talk.  He is growing up a ton.  I only imagine what it will be like whenever I see you all again.  I don’t dwell on that thought often because I want to focus here.

Elder Castelan is doing a little bit better.  He still listens to music and sleeps in but it’s all good.  I had a chat with him and just told him that I didn’t care what he did, but that I need the help and training and that’s all.  

I talked with Elder Chappel from Mississippi and Elder Tall about companions and they just told me to raise my voice for what I needed.  I definitely feel a lot better with everything.  We haven’t ever fought . . . I just had a hard time with the disobedience.  There isn’t much I can do, so I just do my best!  The next transfer will be April and I think I will stay here in Otay for a while longer.  Elder Castelan will leave elsewhere but I imagine they will leave me here because I know the area and members.  But who knows...it’s all in the Lord’s hands, right?

Thanks for the updates with baseball and all!  I really appreciate them!  Hope all is well and you are doing well!  I am doing great in the sunshine down here...ha hope you are all jealous...only joking!  I love and miss you all!

Take care
Elder Roper
My district right now! Ha!  Elder C. is cut out but it's all good!
In the morning
Elder Tall and I 
Elder Newell, Elder Tall and I
This reminded me of Hayden!
Had to bust this out this week...

No comments: