Monday, June 2, 2014

Here's To The Next 6 Months of My Best 2 Years!

Hey, how are you all? :) Looks like you all had a fun week full of summer fun and baseball! I’m sure you are all super excited to be on summer vacation as well! Enjoy it, because it will go by quick!

I got your package on Tuesday and made it all the way ‘til Wednesday to open it up! I sure was happy to see that Hostess still exists!! hahaha the Twinkies were the first to go. And dang they were good. Did someone buy Hostess or what? They are am lot better than the Twinkies down here. Thank you all for the package! It brightened my day! And I got a kick out of Turkey's note "P.S. I still don’t miss you." Hahaha what a character!


So, Wednesday I completed 18 months! It was just a normal day and I didn’t even remember until I woke up and saw the package. I spent the day with Elder Vasques in interchanges and it went well for us. We went and got the baptismal interview done for Brandon and his brother Aaron. We ended up taking pictures after and they turned out super cute! I love these 3 kids. 

Usually baptisms for 9 year olds aren’t all that exciting but this one was different. When we got there for the interview, Brandon was already there waiting for us and answered all the questions perfectly. Their 7 year old brother knew everything as well. It was amazing to see. Their baptism on Sunday was great, too. It was interesting because since we don't have a WML, we had to prepare everything. The font, the program, the hymns, and everything. We pulled it off though. Bishop Borboa baptized them. He was in super hurry for some reason so that’s why the pictures aren’t that great but it’s better than nothing right? The family we are teaching of 9 were all there too. We are slowly helping the kids understand why they need to baptized and the mom has been wanting to get baptized since day one when we met her. So, we will see what happens with that!



Dad, does Kim Pehrson know if that guy is a member or not? We just barely met a less active this week named Jose Luis that lived in Magna but got deported and lives in my area. We are working with him to get him back to church in TJ. You will have to ask her if that’s him. His family sent his number and what not down here to the offices and the secretaries gave us his stats. We will see what happens :)

That’s cool to hear that Hollie is getting married! Tell her I say congrats! 

We have transfers this week, so if you don’t hear from me Monday afternoon that’s why. Let’s see if they send me to Mexicali to enjoy the heat...it could happen as I have never been there! 

As for classes Dad just put whatever I guess. I have no idea what to study, so I might as well just get all the generals done, right? You will have to look into it and later let me know :) I will need a tune up with everything I imagine because I don’t even remember Algebra - ha! 

Well,  I love and miss you all!
Have a great week! Schools out for summer!

Elder Roper

The plate has chile rellenos - they are like stuffed peppers but better- empanadas and mexican rice. The sister gave us coke to drink this day too and it was tasty!! I will be missing this food in six months!!

No comments: