Hey what’s up? How are you all? Glad to hear you are all doing well!
Glad to hear Hayden is having more success playing ball and Keaton got to
pitch! That’s awesome!! Mom, that’s also funny to hear your Tijuana student all
the sudden liking you now that you have a connection with her! You will have to
ask her Mom where they lived at and show her pics of my experiences down here.
There are actually a bunch of people down here that have connections
to Utah. A family down here drove up there and went to GC and everything. So
Utah is pretty well known down here in good ole TJ.
Congrats to Sophie and Nick for being baptized this Saturday!
Everyone is growing up too fast!
Dad, glad to hear you had a nice trip to San Diego. Our neighbors
that fed us on Wednesday cross over to the other side just about every day so
when I told them that you were there last week they got all excited and offered
to cross us ha. Our passports are kept in the mission offices so we don’t cross
ha :) We could get across with just our drivers licenses but it isn’t worth the
risk and I’m pretty sure we could get sent home if they caught us ha...so yeah
it didn’t cross our minds too much. But I just wanted this member to take you
the pants you sent in the Xmas package because the inseam is wayyy to small ha
:) And at the last second he just said no that he wouldn’t have time ha. The
stinker. Oh well though. It was a little crazy to have in the back of my mind
last week that you were only a half an hour away. I can wait 8 months though
:)
This week of work was a little slow. This has been one of my harder
areas in my mission. It’s a really fast paced area that’s seriously right on
the border. I kind of see it as a giant hotel with all the people that come and
go. We have solid investigators that just pick up and move with out telling us
and then they never answer or their cell phones don’t work anymore. There are a
lot of people that get here and stay for just a bit as they want to cross to
the other side. It’s interesting though because there are a lot of people that
talk to us in English in the streets. We are having a bit of trouble finding
people but we just have to trust in the Lord's promises that he will bless us
and lead us to his chosen or us to them. Just gotta have faith :)
Antonio has been progressing really well too. He has gone 5 days
without drinking and had a really spiritual experience this week but I will
tell you all about it after he is baptized and confirmed so I don’t jinx it :)
He is still on date for next Wednesday and everything should be fine as long as
he goes to church and doesn’t drink! He should be good though!
Lets see what else has happened? Ha I am starting to get tired but I’ll
keep pushin!! I have a leadership conference tomorrow all day so I should get
my package :) Looking forward to that!! The weather is warming up little by
little. And we just keep working!!
Well I love and miss you all!
Elder Roper
Check out these tacos I ate this past week! Too good!
These pancakes a family made for us this past week as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment