Hey, how are you all?? Sounds like you all had a fun week! It rained
all weekend as well here but it’s back to sunny and warm outside.
It was another rough week but I’ll get to that later. I have good
news and bad, so lets start with the bad news, remember Elder Estrada? He got
hit by a car this past week and he got messed up pretty good. Broken leg and
arm and he will be getting’ sent home to heal up next week. He will home for at
least 6 months and right now is in huge casts and a wheel chair. Keep him in your
prayers. He certainly didn’t deserve that, but everything happens for a reason
right??
So we pretty much quit teaching Antonio :( We went by to see him
last Monday afternoon. He didn’t answer his phone and so we just showed up. He
was super drunk but lied to us saying that he had company over the night before
and that they were the ones that got drunk. But this guy couldn’t pay any
attention and was slurrring and cussing like crazy. He went to take a sip of
his coke and it fell right out of his hands ha. So that made me pretty upset
and we didn’t see him the rest of the week. He has started working on Sunday
mornings and it comes down to that he works and eats, or goes to church and
doesn’t have a job and cant eat. So it’s a really hard situation. But he hasn’t
called us or anything this week so we will go by this week to see what has
happened and if he is the same we can’t do anything more for him. Poor guy.
What can ya do though?
Hey, remember like every basketball season when I would start off
really well and little by little my confidence would shrink?? Pretty sure that
happened again this past transfer and I just didn’t realize it. Why? I was
pretty down after the whole deal with Antonio cuz we now had no one to teach
and things were rough and Elder Hunter didn’t seem to care much. I didn’t even
feel like working anymore and I was ready to call it quits. I went in divisions
with one of my zone leaders named Elder Vasques on Friday and man that helped a
bunch. He helped me teach and was able to help me see where I needed to improve
to begin to have success again. It was a huge confidence booster as were able
to find a bunch of new people and teach some great lessons. It was just nice to
have a good companion that walked with him and actually talked again for one
day. It was a relief and now I am excited and ready to work again!
The other good news is that I have a new compa :) and that I
completed 17 months today! His name is Elder Celiz from Chile. You will
probably recognize him from my last district. He is a cool guy. A little crazy
but we get along great and it helps that we already know each and know how we
work. He will definitely be a good support and fun companion - I hope!
As for Mother's Day, I’m still not sure what will go down. I can’t
believe it’s already time to talk again in two Sundays right? Let me see who we
can Skype with and what time it will be. Are you planning on having Hayden's b-day
then or what? What time would be good?
I’m not really in need of anything. All my clothes are hanging in
there. I will send home those pants that are too small soon so you can get that
money back. I could use some more deodorant. Axe DRY please :) I would mind
having my brown shoes and my brown belt to wear but if it’s too big of a deal,
don’t worry :)
Well, I love and miss you all! Have a great week!
Elder Roper :)
No comments:
Post a Comment