Monday, March 17, 2014

My First Gringo Companion

Hey, how are you all? Looks like you all had a good week! Mom, thanks very much for the quotes. They will help me out quite a bit in the coming days! Turkey looks like a stud speaking in Primary and Hayden looks great playing ball!! Man, I miss you all! I got a good laugh out of what Turkey said about having to put the T-ville split T on the Highlander.  Do it Mom!

So, yeah the changes are always rough. I was really surprised with the changes this transfer. My companion got sent to be babysit with the zone leaders and it was my time to go, so that’s why they changed us both.

It was a bittersweet day yesterday saying goodbye to all the friends I have made in Las Villas. We couldn’t even say goodbye to all of our converts...there just wasn’t enough time. Here are pictures with Bro. Joshua that will soon going on a his mission and Bro. Juan that got baptized back in January. I am sad to leave them but excited to see what awaits me. 



So as for the changes . . . I stayed here in Tijuana. I am in the ward that is called Industrial. I am right here on the border again. So Dad, when you come to San Diego, you will probably be able to see my area ha! Actually in the sector just over from where I started in Otay. It’s bringing back a lot of good memories. I will be going to the same chapel where I went when I first got here to Tijuana, so I should be able to see my converts and the members from a year ago.

As for my companion – it’s my first gringo companion!!! His name is Elder Hunter from Cuna, Idaho. He has 3 months and just finished his training. I will be his second companion.I don’t have pics yet so you will have to wait a week Mom :) But I’ll have some asap!

I am still District Leader. I am real nervous because this area of TJ hasn’t had a whole lot of success in the past but we will just have to work hard and talk with everyone to have success. Things will work out in the end!

Well,  I love and miss you all! Gpa and Gma Mangelson -  have a happy birthday! Have a great week and please keep us in your prayers so that we can find people to teach! 

Take care!

Elder Roper


Missionaries of the Mexico Tijuana Mission




No comments: