Monday, March 31, 2014

I Love Being A Missionary!

Hey, how are you all? Looks like you had another fun week. I had a good laugh reading about Keaton’s wait for his cleats...I can relate...getting new cleats in the mail is just exciting! They look sweet too! I thought you all playing baseball this past weekend, so I have been thinking a lot how the week of ball has been but you are all going this week...good luck!! Mom, I have been craving cupcakes....FIND a way to send me some ;)

It was a really slow week this week. It rained like crazy on Wednesday and even though we had a sweet day planned out, no one was home and there was no one in the streets. Friday was slow as well...what can ya do though? I get frustrated sometimes for a lack of success but I am staying positive because I know that is the only way to do things. But the good news is that we will have a SWEET baptism this Wednesday evening. Antonio (the tattoo guy) is ready to go. We had to straight up ask this week if had killed anyone but he hasn’t and this dude is gold. Just wants to be good with God. We passed by yesterday afternoon and he asked about having earrings because he has 2. We just explained to him that we shouldn’t have them even if the world says we should. He just said well if that is what the big man says than I gotta do it. Cool huh? He is super ready and is super willing to keep the commandments. I am excited to have a baptism like this because I have always wanted to teach and baptize a man who has lived a hard life, all covered in tattoos that has completely changed. God is fulfilling his promises and my desires little by little :)

On Friday, I went on interchanges in another area called Postal to do a couple baptismal interviews. Remember my convert named Cynthia?? The one that had the super cool dream and got baptized soon after in my last area? Well, the day we met her clear back in December, we met two other guys named Jairo and Augustin.  They didn’t live in my area so we sent the referral to the elders in Postal (where I went on interchanges on Friday.)  So I get to this house to do the interviews when Augustin comes walking in. Ha we recognized each other and proceeded to tell me that he hadn’t accepted the Gospel yet but he had introduced the Elders to his parents.  I thought it was really cool to hear that because God allowed me to see a little fruit of my work. Had we never met Augustin clear back in December, his parents wouldn’t be getting baptized this week. So I did the interviews for his parents who have changed their lives completely!! It was really good for me to be able to experience that because I now know that I am where God wants me to be. Even how hard it gets or how little success we have, God wants me to be here for now, so this is where I’ll be :)

Ha Elder Hunter has an ingrown toenail so it will be another slowwwww week while he is resting up. We will go later today to get that taken care of. I am glad I have stayed healthy and not had to worry about all that being a missionary. It’s all good though because we have trainings everyday this week except for Wednesday so he can get rested up. 

Well, have a good week of baseball. I’m definitely jealous!! Looking forward to this baptism and General Conference for sure!
I love and miss you all!!

Elder Roper


This pic comes right from the old border and a little monument there.  I have to laugh at the door that is cut into the border. We are teaching a guy right now that wants to cross illegally hahaha. It makes me laugh. Life in TJ is nuts :) love you all! 


No comments: