Monday, January 13, 2014

I'm In A Missionary Groove

Hey, how are you all this week? Glad to hear everyone is back into the groove of things.

Mom, I am glad you got my letter in time - perfect timing that it got to you right on your birthday!!

I must really be in the missionary groove because I feel like everyday is the same-ha wake up, study. work, teach and meet new people to teach. It's awesome though . . . time is FLYING by.

The ward I am in right now is awesome . . . we don’t hardly do anything but all the members present us to their friends and families that aren’t members. We had Stake Conference this past week and the WHOLE conference was on member missionary work. Sometimes the members see the missionaries as a support for the ward and they have to help the members but its the other way around . . . the members are the support for the missionaries and the members are supposed to help the missionaries. It can be a lot of work but their is certainly a lot more of success and new people to teach!

We didn’t have baptisms this week but the next day is for this upcoming Saturday. We have dates every week from here to the third week in February. So if everything goes as planned, we should be baptizing every week :) It’s a good feeling to finally have a little bit more success than what I have had in the rest of my mission. What you sow, is what you reap.

Glad to hear there were 2 more baptisms back home . . . everyone looks so happy :) I don’t remember a single convert baptism before my mission back home so that’s good there have been a few more!

I am feeling a lot better from last week. I woke up Tuesday again sick with a stinkin’ cold that was kicking my butt. But I am doing 100 percent better now. 

My next zone conference is the 24th so if you send the package this week it should get here in time. I don’t have any more requests but thank you! I got another Christmas package from Nancy (Jennay's mom) with some Christmas goodies . . . if you see her please tell her thanks :) 


Mom thank you for the updates on mission calls back home . . . it’s always good to hear where people go on their missions.

I saw Randy this week during interviews and during the stake conference. He is doing well . . . still a greenie though :) hahaha He is in the ward that is called Florido. I haven’t seen Brigham since he got here but he is in the ward that is called Pinos in the Insurgentes Stake.

Oh and Dad yes we all know that President Carreon is out of here in July. It will be a rough transition between mission presidents.  Does it say where the new mission president is from??

Mom, the picture with my face on Mr. Incredible is pretty funny :) It makes me laugh! We actually piled in a mini van this past week with more members. I was forced to sit in one of the booster sits and I barely fit . . . Elder Cornejo has pictures so I’ll forward them when I get them . . . too funny :) 



Well that’s about it for this week . . . sorry it’s so short. Here are some pics of my sector and the picture with the big black line . . . ha that’s the border of the USA. There are always helicopters checking to see who is trying to cross right there ha. Living on the border is wild for sure!





Well, I love and miss you all!


Elder Roper




No comments: