Hey, how are you all? This week has flown by . . . not to mention
this year. It’s weird to think that all of 2013 I have been a missionary. I
keep trying to think about world events that have happened, new songs, etc but
all that I remember are companions, areas, and cool experiences that I have had
as an Elder for the Lord. It is hard to give up worldly music, movies, iPods, etc
but it’s honestly awesome to be able to focus solely on the Lord and His work.
I love it! Mom just like you said, in 2014 I will be coming home . . . it will
be here before we know it!
It was super good to see you all on Wednesday
:) That time always flies by quickly. Always hard to say goodbye, but in five
months, I’ll see you all again on Skype and in another six, I’ll be home in 11 more Fast Sundays?
I actually take pride in my Mexican accent so
don’t worry a bit. Now, I just lack my mexi-stash ;) hahaha I have really got
ahold of the Spanish language and I love speaking it. I’ll have to find a job
when I get home where I can speak Spanish so I don’t lose it all.
So let me tell you that we had 21, yes 21,
investigators in church yesterday. I don’t know how we pulled it off but
everything seemed to fall together right at the perfect moment - that and the
Lord's help of course. That’s been the biggest
amount of investigators I have had on one Sunday in my entire mission. I think it
might be a mission record ha! We have 12 dates in between now and the first
week of February. Every single one of those people went to church Sunday . . .
it was honestly a miracle! My faith has been strengthened and I know the Lord
won’t leave us alone. We have a family
of four that are going to be baptized this Thursday - we are super excited for
that! :)
I am enjoying being a district leader. I went
in divisions with Elder Garay in honestly the ugliest area in Tijuana - I
think. It’s on the side of a mountain. From the pictures you can see we were in
a canyon working all day.
I was super tired by the end of the day. That area
doesn’t have a whole lot of success and the Elders are taking whatever they get
for success. So last Thursday I told the Elders that they need to improve their
faith and fulfill the norms of excellence. Elder Garay just told me, “Well why
don’t you come and do it??” Ha - talk about pressure, right? So the night
before the divisions I asked the Lord to help be an example for this elder. We
ended up finding 7 new people to teach and we set 3 new baptismal dates in one
day - something that I think had ever happened in that sector. Another miracle!
That experience has strengthened my faith so much and I have already grown a
bunch being a district leader. Joshua 1:5-7 has been my motto :)
| Here in the ward we have a lot of support from these 2 guys in this picture |
No one here can same my last name right at all - so I tell them it's like ropero but without the o and it seems to click :) A ropero is like a closet that holds clothing.
|
Have a happy 2014!!
Love and miss you all!
Love and miss you all!
Elder Roper


No comments:
Post a Comment