Howdy ya’ll!
Better week this week - thank goodness! I chatted with Elder
Castelan about it all on Monday night because I couldn’t take being angry with
him anymore. The Spirit can’t be with us when there are problems. He
tells me that it was a joke and that he only did it to see how I would react.
I don’t really believe 100 percent but it’s easier to believe him than it
is to be angry and upset. Turns out he has an iPod touch and a whole
other cell phone that he uses daily to chat with friends and his girlfriend.
It makes me sick and I really wonder why he doesn’t think the rules need
to be obeyed but they are his choices not mine.
Enough about him though...what did you all think about conference??
I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had to watch it in Spanish so I couldn’t
really understand a whole lot, but I loved Elder Ucthdorf´s talk on Sunday
morning and Neil L Andersen´s as well. I loved all of conference and it
was good to see Salt Lake again. Made me miss home but its all good.
I am jealous of Dad, Hayden and Jenny - that they all got to go but I saw
the same messages. What were all of your favorite talks?
Cool experience this week but do you remember Doña Tere that I sent
a pic of my first or second week here? She is going to get baptized this
week!! :) We went to a member's house to share a lesson with them and
their friends on Tuesday. No one showed up but the members told us that
they had been really thinking of Doña Tere and wanted to go visit her. So
we went and obviously talked about baptism, We talked about the
importance of it and why we do it. The benefits of it. She always
tell us that she needs a sign-a huge conviction just to be sure. The
member that we were with told a story how the Lord gives us multiple chances
and signs and answers. I shared Alma 7:15 with her and FINALLY she said
the words we had been waiting for since I arrived. SI! Ha she was
supposed to get baptized this past Friday but she wasn’t feeling too hot so we
are going to do it this coming Friday. Pray that she will be able to be
baptized please and we won’t have any more distractions with her. She
knows it’s true. She is ready for the Gospel and needs it so bad.
We all do. The funny part of the story is that when we arrived we
didn’t have enough seats to seat Elder C, myself and the two members that were
with us. So I ended up sitting on this wooden crate that she was using to
hold some stuff. After about 10 seconds of sitting on the seat it BROKE!!
Most embarrassing moment on the mission so far. Geez I was so
stinkin’ embarrassed. What can I do though? ha! If I stay in Otay
this next week after transfers, I will have to build her a new seat.
Mom, thank you for the quote from President Schulte and Dad thank
you for the mission tips. The mission has been pretty smooth until now
and every day is a struggle. Elder Holland said that if the Savior's
sacrifice for our salvation wasn’t easy, what makes you think your sacrifice
for other people’s salvation will be easy? I love the mission. It is
dang hard but it’s worth it. I am learning lessons everyday that I couldn’t
learn anywhere else!
Dad, thank you for the stories from the Elders. I am glad you
are enjoying your calling. There is a big joy with bringing others the
Gospel.
I spent two days this week in other areas on exchanges so I wasn’t
able to find Brad. I don’t know the Elders in the picture but I am sure
the package will find me with time.
To answer more questions, yes - we have a washer in our house. We
just hang our clothes up to dry. The Shout has helped me a lot.
Thank you for sending it. We have to let our shirts soak in buckets
with soap and a bit of bleach to help with ring around the collar as well.
It's definitely olden day laundry, but I kind of enjoy it.
We play ping pong every other P-day or so. I smoke all the
Elders down here and take it way too serious ha. I played with a member
who had played professionally for a bit and I hung with him for a while.
It got intense and I was sweating so bad. It was so much fun to
finally play again though. I have videos but they are too big to send so
we will have to watch them after the mission :)
I loved the food yes and especially the Ensign. If you can
please send me the conference edition in English so I can read through the talks
again!
My feet have been holding up okay. They are finally starting
to callus up so I don’t have many problems with blisters. Moleskin has
come in quite handy though.
I can receive email from anyone that wants to email me but, I won’t
always be able to write back.
I haven’t heard anything about Mothers Day, but mom, I promise I will
let you know when I find out! :)
Sorry this is short again. Don’t have much time. Thank
you for the advice and all the good words of help. Definitely answers to
my prayers this week! I am doing a lot better!
I love and miss you all so much!
Take care
Elder Roper
P.S. I ripped a hole in my
suit pants on Saturday. I am taking them to a member to see if she can
fix them...if not I am going to find a cheap suit down here to have. Just FYI
in case you see a big purchase on my debit card.
| Packages received |
| Wooden crate I busted |
| Laundry |
No comments:
Post a Comment