Thursday, January 24, 2013

Week 8


Hola Familia!
Sad news...because Monday was a holiday the travel offices were shut down.  So we didn’t get our Visas and re-assignments take place on Monday and we find out on Thursdays.  So we were supposed to be finding out today where were going but because the travel office was closed on Monday our info didn’t get submitted.  So we are stuck here in good ol’ Provo for another week at least.  I am trying to look on it at the positive side and see why God would have us stay here for another but it’s a little hard because we are all getting a little bit trunky!  So hopefully I will get a re-assignment next Thursday.  If so watch your cell phones because I will be able to call home for a bit.  I will still be able to call from the airport, I just don’t know when that will be.  I will let you all know when that is though!

So another week in the books . . . I am very excited Jenny and her call to Dallas!  Even more excited that she will learn Spanish!  I have ran into to both Elder Paulson and Elder Hock this week and both are doing well!  I haven’t ran into Elder Sandburg yet so hopefully I will see him soon! 

There is an Hermana in my zone that came in last week that is from Jenny's homeward so it was cool hearing from her and putting two and two together to how she knew Jenny.  Our days are starting to get pretty monotonous just because we do the same thing over and over but I am trying to have a positive attitude with it and just look at it as extra time for the field! 

The temple this morning was good as always.  A little bit of a scary accident happened though.  So it’s been rainy here this morning and cold so all the sidewalks at the temple were frozen and very slick.  I slipped and fell myself on the way back- I am perfectly okay though.  Anyways on our way in the door we here one of the maintainence workers yell for help and someone to call for 911.  An old lady had slipped and hit her head on the sidewalk and was bleeding very bad.  Elder Smith and I go running into the temple to get help.  We get help and go attend to her to make sure she is okay.  At the same time this same Hermana Hanson that I wrote of earlier just happens to be an EMT and was starting to help her out.  Elder Smith and Elder Tall gave her a priesthood blessing and the paramedics showed up to get her taken care of.  It was an interesting experience and it woke me up a lot to know that we will need to be alert like that whenever because anything can happen at any time.  I love serving the Lord!  Can't wait for the field!  I hope to receive the package today and am looking forward to it! 

Once again I will let you all know when we are leaving and when to expect a call.  I hope you all had a good week and are doing good!  I am excited for the Niners and hope they pull off a win for the title!  If they do, especially with Kapernick playing, Alex will be in need of a job dang it.  Pretty sad that the game before he got hurt he was 17-18 and the next he is benched for the season.  Rough situation! 

Take care and I love you all!

Elder Roper

P.S. Has Keaton received his package in the mail yet?


Finally found some Elders that love Coke as much as I do


No comments: