Thursday, January 10, 2013

Week 6

Hey there!
Another week has come and gone and it’s hard to believe how fast they go by.  We only have two and a half more weeks here - hopefully!  The Elders in my district finally got their Visas so they will leave on Tuesday.  It’s all becoming a lot more real that the field is just around the corner.  I am very nervous, excited, and happy but all will be well as long as I do my best right?  

I haven't heard a thing about my VISA :(  so if they don't get it in the next week or so, I will get reassigned to somewhere in the States for a transfer or two I am assuming.  Where in the State?  I don’t know but I sure hope its somewhere warm.  It has been freezing cold down here the past week but with the storm coming through the inversion is lifted and quite pleasant outside.  I am loving today.  It’s gorgeous!  After the session today in the temple we ate breakfast in the cafeteria there and it was the best food I had had in 2 months.  If the MTC fed us like in the temple, I would have put on 20 pounds by now! 

Jenny also told me that her papers were officially in and I can’t wait to see where she is headed in this world!  Same with Marlee...it’s always a nice surprise to hear where family and friends are called!  There are in for such a fun ride!

The MTC is well but with all the older districts in my zone leaving I am ready to get out of here.  Don’t get me wrong it’s great but its just hard to be in a classroom for 8 hours a day.  I hate having to diet too...it is what it is and when I get to Tijuana,  I am sure I will wish I was back in the MTC ha.  I think I get to host either next week or the week after that.  What days do Elder Hock and Paulsen come in?  I will definitely look for them!

This past week has probably been my hardest week since I have been here but guess what?  I made it through :)  I sometimes put a lot of pressure on myself because I don’t want to be the Elder that is lazy and the Mission President has to worry about so I overthink a lot of simple things down here sometimes.  If I teach a bad lesson, I am just hard on myself.  I prayed and prayed and even asked for a blessing from Elder Tall that this would stop and it really has.  Thank goodness for my worthy companion who holds the very power of God to bring me comfort and peace.  The past two days have been amazing!  We were reading in D&C 4 and one of the things its says is required is patience.  So I have been trying to be more patient with myself and realize that if I fail, I will always have another chance.  This two years is a marathon not a sprint.  Coach Brown always said the season is a marathon not a sprint.  I have applied so much from baseball and basketball especially from the State Championship game into missionary work.  Also cool that my pregame meal for State was Zupa’s and my pregame meal for the misson was Zupa’s.  Interesting huh?  Nevertheless I am doing great and as long as I am positive and patient I am fine.  I hope all is well at home and life is treating you all well.  I love and miss you so much!!  Thank you for all you do for me! 

Take care
Your son and bro,
Elder Roper


My coat is huge but very warm nonetheless!


District picture 

My bud Elder Jones from Cali that left to Boise, Idaho spanish speaking Monday-funny huh?  Boise!!
Panoramic of the clear valley and skies after the temple today-thank goodness!
Our food from the temple this morning-it will probably make me ungrateful for the food here at the MTC. It was so good! 


No comments: